Sunday, January 15, 2012

Spicy Corea


Address:


43 N University Ave.
Provo, UT 84606

Price Range:


Entree's Range from $10-15

I had never tried Korean food until my cousin introduced it to me. She lived in Korea for a little over a year on a church mission and learned to love it. She felt it necessary to share the love and I am very grateful to her. Korean food usually includes kimchi which is very high in nutrients. So I feel like a better person inside when I eat it. I craved it almost constantly when I was pregnant with my second so I've learned to grow very fond of it.

Menu:


Bulgogi: This is your average Korean BBQ beef. It's fantastic, though. It comes with onion and carrot and is marinated in this sweet soy sauce that makes it taste heavenly. It was what sold it for Craig who is a little...choosier...with his meals than I am. The meat is sliced nice and thin, marinated in the soy sauce and then barbecued until it's nice and tender. For the pickier eater I would highly suggest this.


BiBimBap: This is a usual for me and I like it with either tofu or beef. This time I decided I was in the tofu mood. It's basically a rice bowl with TONS of vegetables, kimchi and hot sauce you add yourself depending on how spicy you want it. It's topped with an egg done sunny side up. I love it, It makes me feel healthy and depending on how much sauce I put in it, it gets pretty spicy. For those a little more adventurous and open minded, I would suggest BiBimBap.

Before mixing                                      After Mixing        

As traditional with Korean meals, there are mini "side dishes" that usually consist of kimchi, sprouts, potatoes, omelets and various other kinds of vegetables. It varies from time to time, but they're a nice little addition to whatever you're eating and gives you a chance to try new things.


We always enjoy coming here, the service is friendly though could afford to be a tad more prompt and the food is cooked fast. I've never had a problem when coming here and hope if you try it you won't either!




0 comments: