Monday, May 21, 2012

Wallaby's Smokehouse


Address:



131 S State St.
Lindon, UT 84042



Price Range:


$10-20 per entree


Website


We got a coupon in the mail for Wallaby's and I decided I should give it a try. Craig had been there already on a couple of occasions and enjoyed it so I decided it was my turn to give it a try.


Menu:


Hand-pulled Pork: Although I am not a fan of pork, this was rather tender and in combination with the BBQ sauces they provided, it was delicious. It came with a huge roll that Craig couldn't finish and a side of smashers that took up about 1/3 of the plate. They were delicious!


Tri-tip Meal: I chose the tri-tip because that is what they were supposedly famous for. I will say it is not the best tri tip i've ever had. I definitely utilized the BBQ sauces with them. I would suggest getting one of the other entrees instead of paying a dollar more for mediocre tri-tip. I also got the smashers and they were amazing. I definitely had some with my tri-tip. I also got a humongous roll with my meal that I don't remember finishing.


Kid's Hot Dog Meal: We had to get Lucas something, I guess. He chose the hot dog and gobbled it up fairly quickly. With his meal he got a choice of a side, we chose the fresh vegetables. He loves his vegetables so he ate most of them, he got full pretty quick.


Oreo Brownie: Craig insisted we get this for dessert. He said he got it once and it was fantastic. This go around I wasn't that impressed, he said it tasted different than the last time he had it. I don't know what was missing. It was delicious and decadent, I'm really glad we shared because there is no way one of us could have eaten one by ourselves. It was very chocolaty so if you like chocolate I would highly suggest getting it.

Wallaby's is one of those order-when-you-walk-in-the-door-and-we'll-bring-you-your-food kind of places so there's really not much to expect from the service. I would say one thing I didn't like was having to tell the workers that I was ready for my dessert. There were certain cues we had made that if they were paying attention they would have remembered to do it. Maybe it will be better next time.

I would suggest try it if you like BBQ, but don't expect the best BBQ you've ever had.

0 comments: